- Service updates
- Stations and maps
- Travelling with CityRail
- About CityRail
- News and media
This news article has been archived:
It may be out of date and some links may no longer work.
New Hunter railcar goes in to limited service
Posted: Thursday 23 November 2006
The first of 14 new CityRail Hunter railcars departed from Newcastle Station yesterday, Wednesday 22 November, carrying passengers to Maitland.
- air conditioning
- security cameras able to monitor all passenger areas
- on-board passenger information displays and digital voice announcements
- automatic passenger side doors with external emergency door release
- floor-level luggage stacks on each car
- four allocated wheelchair spaces per two-car set, and
- comprehensive fire suppression systems.
The new Hunter railcars will be progressively introduced to replace the current 620 and 720 carriages.
They are currently running between Newcastle and Telarah, with the first Hunter cars departing Newcastle at 7.36am on weekdays and the last service for the day leaving Telarah at 7.01pm.
- 7.36am Newcastle to Telarah
- 8.30am Telarah to Newcastle
- 10.00am Newcastle to Telarah
- 10.42am Telarah to Newcastle
- 11.27am Newcastle to Telarah
- 12.42pm Telarah to Newcastle
- 4.34pm Newcastle to Telarah
- 5.25pm Telarah to Newcastle
- 6.18pm Newcastle to Telarah
- 7.01pm Telarah to Newcastle