- Service updates
- Stations and maps
- Travelling with CityRail
- About CityRail
- News and media
This news article has been archived:
It may be out of date and some links may no longer work.
Additional carriages added to Blue Mountains Line services
Posted: Tuesday 12 June 2007
CityRail is pleased to advise customers that additional carriages have been added to the 4.23pm Central to Mt Victoria as well as 11 other Blue Mountains services.
CityRail has also extended the popular 5.39pm Chips' service to Lithgow.
As part of CityRail's commitment to provide additional capacity and services to our customers, extra carriages have been added to Blue Mountains services.
The improving reliability of services since the introduction of the new timetable in 2005/2006 has seen 136,000 new customers choose to travel with CityRail each week.
This additional capacity is one part of our long term plan to meet that increasing demand. Other initiatives will include new services being provided across the network as Sydney's latest state-of-the-art Oscar trains are progressively delivered throughout 2007 and 2008.
Those services which have had capacity increased from four carriages to six include:
- 4.03am Central to Lithgow
- 7.36am Lithgow to Central
- 11.03am Central to Katoomba
- 1.24pm Katoomba to Central
- 4.23pm Central to Mt Victoria
- 7.55pm Mt Victoria to Central
- 11.07pm Central to Mt Victoria
- 2.54pm Olympic Park to Central
- 5.48am Central to Lithgow
- 9.06am Lithgow to Central
- 1.18pm Central to Mt Victoria
- 4.56pm Mt Victoria to Central